Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Love Us

I'd been working on this layout of Little Man for a while. I started it before I cleaned out my scrap room last month so it's been started for probably three months???


There were a few things going on with this layout.  I had this photo printed up with a white border for some reason, I really wanted to use 6x6 papers, and I wanted to use that title technique.


The title was made using a Spritzer. It's an old tool that Tim Holtz recently reintroduced. I stuck my gold Sharpie pen in there and misted around an acrylic piece to create the negative image. I also outlined it with a gold gel pen. The bigger gold splotches are gold spray paint. I sprayed in the lid and then dripped it on the page.


The background papers are all six by six papers. I really wanted to make a page doing this because I have soooooo many 6x6 paper pads that I was feeling the need to justify some of them. You know that feeling, right? 


Anyways, this is just a little I love you page for Little Man about the fun we had on his first grade Zoo field trip. 

What are some of your non-memory keeping reasons for making a page?

No comments: