Sunday, February 22, 2015

Six Months

Today it's been six months since my grandma passed. She was my last remaining grandparent and a very big part of our lives.

The hardest part is when I think, "I should call Gran and tell her..." and then I realize that I can't. She loved to hear what was going on with us. That Aud got fearlessly on the school bus for the first time. That Mickey can now make three pointers on the basketball court. That I've kept the house clean for the last two months. She would have loved that last one.


I drive by where she used to live every time I go into town. When we bought our house she was so excited that we were going to be close again that she drove from her house to ours to see how far apart we were. I still remember her calling to tell me that we were exactly three miles from driveway to driveway.


She hated having her picture taken and was well known for putting her hand up or a magazine to stop me. But, if I put a kid in the shot with her or took a selfie with her, it was a different story. This was one of my last selfies with her. It was Mother's Day. I love this photo.


I miss you Gran. Thank you for all you taught me. Thanks for loving me even when I was a pain in the tuckus. Thank you for thinking that my kids are amazing.

I love you!

No comments: